Tuesday, February 16, 2016

God is Faithful

Friend, I've been there!  I have made the commitment to follow whatever God tells me to do. I have made the commitment "Father, today I am going to keep my eyes on you, listen to what you tell me to do, do whatever you tell me to do," and 5 minutes after walking out my door, or as I am trying to get Z up and ready for school, I forget what I just promised God. I get frustrated, angry, do my own thing that I know God would not tell me to do, not take time to pray and listen to what he tells me, take my eyes off Jesus and follow the fallen world.
The best thing about our God is that he is forgiving and faithful. Not because we deserve it, but because he gives us grace!  Just like he kept his covenant with the Hebrews thousands of years ago, when he eventually lead them to promised land, he will keep his covenant with us that he made when Jesus died on the cross for ALL our sins. He does not see our sins, Jesus' blood covers them up. God just sees us. He is faithful, even when we are not!  Pray to God today, thanking him for being so faithful. Ask him to help you become more faithful, that you stop during the busyness of the day and listen to what he has to tell you, through his Holy Spirit that lives in you, from the moment you have your life over to him. Believe in Him and his Holy Spirit; be live in Jesus Christ and that He died upon the cross, taking all sin with him; be live that Jesus died but then rose to be with God his father. The millisecond you believe this, the Holy Spirit comes to live inside you, and God makes a promise to you to be faithful to you, even when your faith in him fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment