Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Pride & Plans

I have been looking through my old journals and came upon an entry I would like to share.  As I have reread it, it has touched my heart again.  I pray it helps you, too!

June 18, 2007
Lord, I want to be obedient to you,  In all I do, I pray that I do your will.
I opened The Bible to read tonight, but before that, I prayed God would help me.  I have been unsettled lately, scared, not fulfilled.  I opened The Bible to Jeremiah 13:15:
        "Listen and pay attention!
          Do not be arrogant for the Lord has spoken."

I have been arrogant and beg your forgiveness , Lord.  I saw problems and I decided I would fix them.  I prayed about things that I should not have prayed about.  I am sorry, Lord.  I pray for your will to be done in my life and certainly not my will that I think is yours.  I give you all the glory of my life, Lord, because you have given me all I have, all I had and all I will have.

Then I turned to Proverbs 15:25:
        "The Lord tears down the house of the proud,
           but he protects the property of the widows."

Proverbs 16:1, 3, 9:
        "We can make our own plans,
           but the Lord gives the right answer...

           Commit your actions to the Lord,
            and your plans will succeed...

            We can make our plans,
            but the Lord determines our steps."

Ok, so the theme tonight is pride and plans.  I can see where all this comes from.  I started making my plans about my future, because something happened that I had no control over.  So, I decided to control my future.  Thank you, Lord, for showing this to me.  I am giving up all of my plans. You have plans for me and they are so much better than ANYTHING I could even think of.

All the plans I had are now in the past.  I pray for your guidance in what I should do day by day!!! Thank you for getting me back on track, Lord.

Amen.

Though this was written almost 8 years ago, it really hit home today.  Over the last 8 years, I fell away from God and his guidance.  I took back my plans. Recently, my plans blew up in my face.  I was devastated.  I had no where to go, no one to turn to, except God.  Now, just a short couple of months later, and I am closer to my Father than I have ever been.  I am accepting God's guidance, listening to the Holy Spirit, and working on becoming more like Jesus.  As the quote from Proverbs says above, I am committing my actions to the Father, and he is helping them succeed.  One way my plans are succeeding, is by you, blessed one, reading this blog.  For that, I give God ALL the glory!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment